Our vision is to be well known in the communities we serve as a place where happy, healthy children are growing and learning.
HEALTH & SOCIAL SERVICES: (5 CCR 18276)
HSCDP recognizes it is in a privileged position to instill good health practices that will be beneficial to the children it serves. In addition, we have the opportunity to educate parents and staff in healthy lifestyle and illness/injury prevention practices. Children cannot learn if their basic physical health needs are not being met. We work with the family to ensure:
- Well child exams and immunizations are up to date.
- Dental and audio/vision screenings are conducted in the classrooms and referrals for follow up treatment are made and monitored for completion.
- A lead test at 12 and 24 months or one before the age of 5 is administered.
- Daily health checks are conducted by trained staff to ensure the child is ready to learn.
- Children and families are educated on the benefits of positive health and dental health practices in the classroom, one on one with family services staff and during monthly parent meetings.
- Referrals to health and social services are provided to families based on needs identified during the screening process or family goal setting meetings.
- Each family is linked with a medical and dental “home” within 90 days of entering the program.
If you have any questions regarding our Health Program, please contact our Health Services Manager at 707-462-2582 x 145.