Information for Families
2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19 )
Please check back regularly as this situation continues to change and we will be posting updates as changes occur.
August 22nd, 2020
To our families and community –
With the recent COVID-19 pandemic we at NCO Head Start Child Development Program understand the concerns about your child and family’s safety and well-being in our centers. The health and safety of our enrolled children, families and staff is of the upmost importance for our program. We have instituted strict, extensive and well-researched COVID-19 safety guidelines for our centers and staff. In order to remain transparent, and to provide the most up to date information on practices, we would like to share this information with you all. Our guidelines include, but are not limited to:
• Facility Health Checks for Staff and Children
• Positive Test Procedures and Deep Cleaning
• Modified Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
• Masks and other PPE for Staff and/or Children
• Social Distancing Requirements
• Daily Sanitation Requirements
You can view our full guideline HERE! (GUIDELINES UPDATED 2/2021)
We are constantly monitoring the situation and are ensuring that safety is the highest priority for the children, families and staff that we serve.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our guidelines during this time, please do not hesitate to contact our main office at 707-462-2582.
Miriam McNamara (Program Director)
Information and Resources for Families
- Triple P COVID-19 Parenting Tips for Parents and Caregivers during Uncertain Times
- Safety and Injury Prevention: Health Tips for Families from National Center on Early Childhood Health and Wellness
- Keeping Kids Safe at Home from Safe Kids Worldwide
- Five Helpful Responses for Families from Conscious Discipline
The following websites provide up-to-date, reliable information regarding COVID-19.
- Use of Cloth Face Covering and How to Make Them English Español
- COVID-19 Health Literacy Project- COVID-19 fact sheets are divided by both language and age. 30 different langauges are available.
- Centers for Disease Control
- California Department of Public Health
- Lake County Public Health Department
- Mendocino County Public Health Department
- Essential Workers COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit
- COVID-19 Vaccine Infographic
- FAQ about COVID-19
Resources on how to talk to your children about COVID-19
- Sesame Street in Communities - Health Emergencies
- Bright Horizons Webiste - Talking to children about COVID-19
- Kids Health Website - Coronavirus (COVID-19) How to talk to your child
- National Public Radio Website - Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus ( Story and Audio)