New Digs: Lake County
Robyn Bera, Program Director
For more information, please contact New Digs at (707) 461-4574
The New Digs Program is not accepting new applications at this time. You may call and be placed on the waiting list. Families may contact CALWORKS for a direct referral.
New Digs uses a Housing First model.
We believe that a family or individual must first have stable, permanent housing before they can move forward with setting and reaching their goals.
No one is rejected from the New Digs program based on credit history, convictions, sobriety, income, or ability to pay.
How can someone become a participant?
A family may be referred to New Digs by another agency or they may refer themselves. Clients are only seen by appointment. An individual may be placed on a waitlist based on their level of vulnerability. (Families and more vulnerable individuals will be placed as a higher priority on the list).
ALL clients must be:
- Verified homeless, without a permanent place to sleep at night (such as; staying in a shelter, motel, friend’s home, camping, living in a car) OR
- Facing imminent loss of housing, with receipt of a court-ordered eviction.
Our assistance is not intended to provide long-term support, but instead is focused on the following areas:
- Housing stabilization
- Short term rental assistance
- Linking participants to community resources and benefits
- Helping clients develop a plan for preventing future housing instability
Clients will gradually take on more of their own rent, and will be expected to pay 100% of their rent by 6 months.
Even after a client no longer receives financial assistance, they may be supported through case management services for up to a year.
A referral and/or acceptance to the program is not a guarantee of housing placement.