Covid-19 staff update: Healthy Mendocino
(June 22, 2020)
- Staff continue to work remotely.
- Please call (707) 467-3228 and leave a message.
- Email Healthy Mendocino staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthy Mendocino is a central hub for cross-sector collaboration to improve community health. The website provides localized health data, resources, best practices, and recommendations to encourage informed dialogue and inspire strategic action to address the social determinants of health and health disparities in Mendocino County. Healthy Mendocino collects continuous community feedback about the most pressing health issues in the county to help inform their partners’ next steps.
As a backbone organization for community health improvement, Healthy Mendocino values:
- Collaboration and Partnership
- Catalyzing change by identifying gaps and sharing evidence-based best practices to help create innovative solutions
- Building relationships by connecting people, ideas and actions
Healthy Mendocino was launched in 2013 by the Mendocino County Health and Human Services Agency Advisory Board. Under their leadership, a coalition of 20 founding partners came together to create and fund Healthy Mendocino. Every three years, Healthy Mendocino leads a collaborative Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) process to identify community health priorities. Subsequently, Healthy Mendocino works as a convener to assist partner organizations in addressing the prioritized issues with the long-term goal of building a more resilient and stable community.
Healthy Mendocino’s online hub provides access to relevant health data and information on critical health indicators, community resources, local projects and issues, community trainings, asset maps and gaps analyses, and best practices used by local organizations. Healthy Mendocino’s efforts enhance and support the work of social safety net organizations that serve vulnerable populations suffering from mental illness, substance and domestic abuse, poverty, unemployment, and other social ills. The healthymendocino.org website, provides information on a broad range of factors that affect health and well-being: from Adverse Childhood Experiences, to student achievement, to poverty. Many agencies and organizations benefit from the data health indicators and county demographics to write grants and reports generating much needed funding to the county.
Healthy Mendocino operates or supports a variety of projects, including:
- COVID-19 Resource Library
- Mask Up Mendocino
- 2019 Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
- 2019 Healthy Mendocino Listening Tours
- 2020 Healthy Mendocino Community Health Improvement Planning
- Webinar Series: COVID-19 and Shaping our Community
- 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
- 2016-2019 Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)
- MOVE 2030: Mendocino Opportunities for Building a Vibrant Economy
- Small Steps, Big Changes
To learn more, visit the HealthyMendocino.org. The Healthy Mendocino platform is maintained by the Healthy Communities Institute in Berkeley, CA.