Welcome to our Professional Development Resource Page.
Please find the following options for professional development while our centers are closed and we are offering modified learning for our students. We will be continuing to add content so check back for more professional development opportunities. If you have trouble accessing the websites below please call and leave a message detailing your issue at 707-462-2582.
Incentive Make-up Sessions NEW!
The California Early Care and Education Workforce Registry is an efficient, web-based system designed to verify and securely store and track the employment, training, and education accomplishments of early childhood care and education (ECE) teachers and providers. Participation in the California Early Care and Education Workforce Registry provides you and your staff the opportunity to be part of this statewide data system for all early care and education professionals. Sign up if you haven't already or use your registry number to search for trainings below.
The iPD Portfolio is an online platform created to support ongoing professional development for staff in Head Start and child care settings. It contains accessible, self-paced modules based on staff roles and interests. Check out this step-by-step document to learn how to access the iPD.. For more information, contact ipd at ecetta dot info.
To support early childhood teachers, the California Early Learning and Development System provides an integrated set of resources based on state-of-the-art information for early learning and development and best practices in early education.
- Families and Educators Together: Building Great Relationships that Support Young Children
- Facilitated Leadership and Family Engagement — Learning with and from Families
- CDE Child Nutrition Programs Course Catalog
- CACFP trainings and elective trainings through Fresno City College that anyone can access, once you create an account and specify our agency type.
- CACFP Thirty on Thursday (Archived 30 minute trainings on a variety of topics including Mealtime.)
Infants and Toddler
- BabyTalks (ECLKC)
- Clearning Your View: Staying Objective in Observation (ECLKC)
- Look at Me! Using Focused Child Observations for Infants and Toddlers
- Infant/Toddler Effective Practice Series - These episodes focus on supporting infants' and toddlers' development and learning through all the elements of the Framework for Effective Practice, or House Framework.
- Infant/Toddler Curriculum Series - These episodes focus on implementing curriculum in a responsive infant or toddler learning environment.
- Preschool Effective Practice Series - These episodes focus on supporting preschoolers' development and learning through all the elements of the Framework for Effective Practice, or House Framework.
- Preschool Curriculum Series - These episodes focus on making classrooms more culturally and linguistically responsive by building the curriculum and instructional decision-making around preschool children’s knowledge, skills, and interests.
Teacher Time Preschool Series Home Page (1 hour webinars)
- Take It Outside! Adventures in Nature with STEAM
- Preschool Math Ideas: Hiding in Plain Sight
- Art and Storybooks: Ideas from STEAM
- Learning by Building: Engineering for Preschool Children
- Beyond Sink and Float: Science for Preschool Children
- More than Fun and Games: Digital Technologies and Children's Learning
- When Children Ask "Why?" STEAM Sharpens Their Inquiry Skills
- Click, Zoom, Buzz: Adding STEAM to Everyday Activities
- Help Me Make a Strong Start! Strategies for Successful Kindergarten Transitions
- Teachers' Choice! Digging Deeper into Challenging Behavior: Part 1
- Teachers' Choice! Digging Deeper into Challenging Behavior: Part 2
- It's a Big Problem! Teaching Children Problem-Solving Skills
- Help Me Calm Down! Teaching Children How to Cope with Their Big Emotions
- Change Doesn't Have to Be Hard: Daily Classroom Transitions that Support Children
Dual Language Learner
- Strong Connections, Stronger Families Webinar
- Relationship-Based Competencies to Support Family Engagement: Webinar Series 4 webinars
- Family and Community Engagement Video
- Starting Strengths in Challenging Times
- Engaging Families from the Start
- Goal Setting with Families
- Relationship-based Practices: Talking with Families about Developmental Concerns
- Transition to Kindergarten: Partnering with Families and Schools
- Building Foundations for Economic Mobility (BFEM) Webinar Series 3 webinars
- Building Family Financial Capability Through Community Partnerships: Helping Families Build Wealth
- Using Individual Savings Accounts to Achieve Goals
Language and Literacy
- General Anxiety
- Promoting a healthy pregnancy
- Pscychological First Aid Certification
- Digital separation anxiety
- Conscious Discipline Trauma-Informed, Evidence-Based Social Emotional Learning from Dr. Becky Bailey
PFCE (Parent, Family, and Community Engagement)
- PFCE Framework Webinar series 5 webinars
Working Remote Articles