Hammers for Hope
Hammers for Hope is a local non-profit that has received a Housing and Community Development (HCD) CalHome Loan Program. These will be owner-occupied loans for homes destroyed by the Lake County wildfires. NCO has been deeply involved with relief efforts since day one, and remains committed to helping individuals and families recover from the devastating and ongoing effects of the wildfire season. NCO Is the program operator, and is working in partnership with Team Lake County case managers, who will handle the applications. Hope City and Mennonite Disaster Services are working together as two of the volunteer home builders, and as part of the program, assistance is available to help those who are using a private contractor with the bidding process, permitting, and so on.
People can also use loan money to purchase a modular home.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE IF:
- You earn less than 80% of the Lake County median income adjusted for household size.
Number in Household
- You owned a home that was destroyed by Lake County fires, or rented a home that was destroyed and now own or could purchase property for construction of a new home.
- You were a full-time resident of your home before the fires.
- Your property taxes are paid current.
- You maintain property insurance, as appropriate.
- After rehab, the value of your home will not exceed 100% of the median purchase price in Lake County, which is currently $248,470.
GET STARTED TODAY!
To learn more about this program, visit the Hammers for Hope website!
Contact (707) 306-6767.