NCO's Response to COVID-19
Monday, March 23, 2020
Updated May 11, 2020
In support of our county Public Health recommendations and to help protect our community, North Coast Opportunities offices and sites are all closed effective Thursday, March 19th, 2020. Our offices may be closed, but it is important for us to be able to provide ongoing services to our clients.
- We welcome the public and our partners to contact NCO staff via phone or email. We ask that you keep in mind that NCO staff may be working remotely.
- Please contact individual programs to either set up a phone conference or communicate over email.
- All NCO program events and gatherings are canceled until further notice.
- All outside groups or agencies will not be permitted to use our conference rooms to hold meetings.
We will update this list with numbers and contact information to allow clients and partners to communicate with us (March 31, 2020):
Administration, Accounting and Human Resources
- Office staff are working remotely, please call (707) 467-3200, or email@example.com messages are checked and returned regularly.
- NCO Payroll, provider payments and all accounts payable will continue, on schedule.
Head Start and Early Head Start (Mendocino & Lake counties)
- Head Start and Early Head Start sites have shifted to modified learning with at home activities and regular teacher/family phone contact. Head Start and Early Head Start Centers in Mendocino County and Head Start Centers in Lake County will continued to be closed through the end of the school year for 2019-2020.
- Head Start Central Office staff are working remotely, please call (707) 462-2582 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rural Communities Child Care (Mendocino & Lake counties)
- RCCC staff are working remotely. Please call (707) 467-3211 or email email@example.com
- Child Care is available for essential workers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, phone number where you can be reached, the days and hours of child care needed, and age of child(ren) needing care
- Limited funds are available for child care providers to cover the costs of cleaning and disinfecting. Child Care providers can apply here.
Redwood Caregiver Resource Center (Mendocino, Lake, Solano, Napa, Humboldt, Del Norte and Sonoma counties)
- Caregiver support groups in all counties are currently suspended until further notice.
- Caregiver cash aid and respite care is available. Please call, (707) 542-0282
- Implementing phone meetings with family consultants
- Staff will be working remotely, please call (707) 542-0282 for assistance.
NCO Volunteer Network (Mendocino, Lake, Sonoma, Humboldt and Del Norte)
For INFORMATION about VITA Tax Assistance:
- Currently accepting volunteers to help with COVID-19 response. Please see Volunteer Network's program webpage for more information.
- All VITA sites are currently closed, please call to set up an appointment, your message will be returned, and all existing appointments will be rescheduled for a future date (707 467-3236).
- Federal Tax filing deadline has been extended to July 15th of this year. If taxpayers would like to efile instead of meeting with VITA tax preparers, they can use MYFREETAXES.org.
- All CERT events are canceled until further notice
- Foster Grandparents unable to serve due to school closures will continue to receive their stipend.
- Staff are working remotely, please call (707) 462-1959
New Digs Rapid Rehousing Case Managers (Lake County)
- Currently working with clients remotely as possible to assist those experiencing homelessness with hand sanitizer, masks and other supplies to prevent the pandemic spread in encampments
- Supporting food distribution in Lake County
- Current clients will continue to be supported (using phone and email contact only). Rents will be continued to paid per lease agreements and New Digs agreements.
- Please call New Digs phone line, (707) 461-4574
Community Projects (Lake County)
Disaster Case Managers
- Staff in Mendocino County are working remotely (707) 621-8817
- Staff in Lake County are working remotely (707) 306-6767
Caring Kitchen (Mendocino County)
- Teen Volunteers are excused from helping prepare food while schools are closed
- Adult volunteers will continue to prepare and deliver meals for 48 families to include those who have critical health needs-during COVID-19 crisis
- Staff are working remotely or at the kitchen, please call (707) 462-1950 or email email@example.com
- Caring Kitchen has expanded its meal provision to include those that are seriously ill.
EPIC-Disaster Preparedness Staff (CAL-OES/LISTOS)
- Staff in Mendocino County are working remotely- Mwatson@ncoinc.org or (707) 376-8617
- Staff in Lake County are working remotely- Talakszay@ncoinc.org or (707) 263-4688 ext. 404
- All EPIC grantee events are being reevaluated to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Staff will work remotely and answer phone messages (707) 467-3228 or email Patrice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mendo-Lake Food Hub (Mendocino & Lake Counties)
- Food Hub is now open for distribution to private citizens and buying groups to order food delivered to their homes. Sundays (for Tuesday delivery) and Wednesdays (for Friday delivery). $35 minimum for the City of Ukiah, $65 minimum for surrounding Ukiah region and Willits regions. All other areas, PLEASE call the Food Hub staff to discuss pricing and collaboration with other deliveries.
- Staff are working remotely, please call (707) 467-3238 or email email@example.com
Walk & Bike Mendocino
- Staff are working remotely, please call Neil Davis at (707) 972-0926 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff are working remotely, examining ways to continue to support 2019-2020 Leadership Mendocino Class with technology. Please call (707) 841-0612 or email at email@example.com
- Online Community Conversations (with business, education, nonprofit, travel and community leaders), are on Wednesdays from 3-4:30pm- Streamed LIVE on Leadership Mendocino's Facebook Page
Gardens Project (Mendocino & Lake Counties)
- Staff are working remotely, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (707) 462-1958
- Gardeners are asked to not be in a garden if there are more than 5 gardeners inside and to maintain a 6 foot amount of distance between each other.
- Gardeners are asked to bring their own tools or disinfect the ones that they use in the garden. Also, please wipe down any spigots or locks that they touch.
- If a gardener feels unwell, they are being asked to stay at home until they are better.
School Of Adaptive Agriculture
- All previously scheduled workshops are canceled until further notice
- Practicum Program is postponed until a later date (TBA)
- Staff are available to assist students and clients and respond to requests for refunds
- please contact via email: email@example.com
Program(s) Involved: The Gardens Project Leadership Mendocino Rural Communities Child Care Head Start Child Development Program Redwood Caregiver Resource Center Volunteer Network Mendo Lake Food Hub Walk & Bike Mendocino Healthy Mendocino Caring Kitchen Project New Digs: Lake County