FREE Tax Preparation - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
Friday, February 1, 2019
NCOs Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program partners with the United Way of the Wine Country’s Earn It! Keep It! $ave It! Program to provide free, quality tax return preparation to individuals, families and seniors. Individuals may request an appointment online or by calling the VITA program’s direct line at (707) 467-3236.
To request a FREE tax preparation appointment online click here.
What to bring with you to your tax appointment:
Once you know if you qualify for free tax preparation and have scheduled your appointment, be sure to bring all of the following information to your appointment:
1. Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse
2. Original Social Security Card or ITIN for each person on tax return (copies accepted). Contact your local Social Security office to make an appointment to order a copy if you cannot find yours prior to your tax appointment.
3. W-2 or 1099-MISC for all jobs held in 2018
4. All 1098’s, 1099’s, 1095-A’s and any other tax forms
5. Voided check or savings account and routing # for directed deposit refund
6. Last year’s tax return (if available)
7. Childcare provider information with name, address, etc.
8. Landlord’s name, address and phone number for renter’s credit
Self-Prepare your Taxes for Free!
If your income is less than $60,000 you can file your federal and state return for free! Visit www.myfreetaxes.com for an easy way to prepare your own taxes.
Program(s) Involved: Volunteer Network