NCO Logo


Funding for Child Care Now Available

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Families in Lake and Mendocino Counties are encouraged to apply 

Rural counties in the state of California continue to experience high costs for infant and toddler care. Families frequently pay an average of $600-1000 per month. According to, that can add up to $7200-$12,000 a year. In Lake County, for example, a family is likely to spend 1/3 or more of their gross income on childcare. North Coast Opportunities (NCO) Rural Communities Child Care has been able to access funds just released by The California Department of Education to help more families pay for child care in Lake and Mendocino Counties. Families are encouraged to contact NCOs Rural Communities Child Care program to apply for this additional funding. 

Rural Communities Child Care Program Director, Teri Sedrick is pleased to announce this expanded funding opportunity; “The high cost of child care can sometimes impact employment opportunities for local families, forcing a member of the family to choose between a job or staying home with a young child. NCOs Rural Communities Child Care can help low income families pay for child care so they can keep their job and continue to improve the financial situation for themselves and their family.” 

To be eligible for subsidized child care, families can apply at any time. In order to qualify, a family of 3 cannot earn more than $4278 gross monthly income. Income eligibility is required and a family must be able to demonstrate their need for child care. Applications can be submitted to NCO Rural Communities Child Care. Please call your local NCO Rural Communities Child Care office for assistance.  
Fort Bragg (707) 964-3080 
Ukiah and Willits (707) 467-3200 
Lakeport (707) 263-4688 
Clearlake (707) 994-4018 

NCO is the Community Action Agency that serves Lake and Mendocino Counties, as well as parts of Humboldt, Sonoma, Del Norte, and Solano Counties. NCO reacts and adjusts to community needs, including disaster response and recovery. 

For more information visit or call (707) 467-3200.