About the NCO Wildfire Relief Fund
Friday, October 13, 2017
IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING APPLICATIONS:
If you submitted a Fire Relief Application VIA EMAIL on Thursday October 19th or Friday October 20th, we did not received it. NCO's email system was down. Call our Fire Information Line at 707-467-3236 with questions. Please resubmit your application as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience!
What is the purpose of the Wildfire Relief Fund?
In 2015, North Coast Opportunities, Inc. (NCO) worked with other area organizations in response to the Rocky, Jerusalem, and Valley Fires. In 2016, NCO re-opened the fund in response to the Clayton Fire. Now, in 2017, the fund has been re-opened for those impacted by fire in Mendocino and Lake Counties.
The Wildfire Relief Fund seeks to assist those facing hardship by providing direct monetary aid to people who have suffered loss as a result of the fires.
What type of assistance will be given?
Relief will be disbursed in the form of cash grants. Grants will be awarded by committee determination and are intended to meet immediate needs for clothing, shelter, transportation, food, and/or home cleanup and repair. Grants will be given based on available funds.
Those determined to have the greatest need will be given a higher priority in the process.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any resident of Lake or Mendocino Counties who, as a result of the 2017 wildfires, was:
- Displaced from his/her home
- Has suffered a loss to his/her home
- Has suffered a financial hardship because of the fire (loss of income/employment, vehicle, etc.)
What is the application process for a grant?
Applications are available in English and Spanish at www.ncoinc.org, or at any NCO office.
- The application is one page, front and back.
- All applications must include proof of address.
- Only one application per household is permitted.
- The deadline to apply will be 30 days after the fires are listed as 100% contained by CalFire.
- Return completed applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to any NCO office. Ukiah: 413 N State Street, Ukiah CA 95482, Lakeport: 850 Lakeport Blvd, Lakeport CA 95453, Clearlake: 14832 Lakeshore Drive, Clearlake CA 95422
- DEADLINE TO APPLY: All applications must be received within 30 days after official containment of the fires.
Who should I contact if I have questions?
NCO Fire Information Line: (707) 467-3236 OR (707) 467-3200 ext. 236. Telephone line is staffed from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. After hours calls will be returned within 24 hours, Monday-Friday. Call this line for NCO volunteer information or NCO fire relief application information.
How To Donate
Donate to the NCO Fire Relief Fund and help those in need. 100% of the proceeds collected will be returned directly to the community.